Protect Your Infrastructure from Multiple Sources of Failure
VMware HA provides pervasive, cost-effective failover protection within your virtualized IT environment.
- Protect applications with no other failover options and make high availability possible for software applications that might otherwise be left unprotected.
- Protect applications from OS related failures by automatically restarting virtual machines when failure is detected (experimental mode).
- Establish a consistent first line of defense for your entire IT infrastructure.
Automatically Restart Virtual Machines
VMware HA is a feature-rich product that continuously monitors all physical servers in a resource pool and restarts virtual machines affected by server failure.
- Monitors and detects virtual machines for “guest OS” failures and automatically starts virtual machines after user-specified intervals.
- Detects server failures automatically, using a “heartbeat” on servers.
- Restarts virtual machines almost instantly without human intervention on a different physical server within the same resource pool.
- Continuously monitors and chooses the optimal physical servers within a resource pool on which to restart virtual machines (if used in conjunction with VMware DRS).